fixed gear portugal

Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
fixed gear portugal

FIXED GEAR PORTUGAL

state of the track (or fixed freestyle, or urban track) bike address 2010 by jmik

sotokai
    sotokai

state of the track (or fixed freestyle, or urban track) bike address 2010 by jmik Empty state of the track (or fixed freestyle, or urban track) bike address 2010 by jmik

Mensagem  sotokai Ter Mar 30, 2010 8:50 am

i've been meaning to do this for the longest time. as time progresses this cycling sector we all love dearly i've always wanted to have a little summary of what's been occurring and put a little input into it. so here it goes.

since the uprising of urban fixed gear bikes for civilian use emerged in 2008, much has progressed. today, there are so many innovations to modern fixed gear use especially in the fixed freestyle area. it seems as if every bicycle company is trying their hardest to get on the band wagon. this could not have been seen more clear than the very recent emergience of the walmart "fixed speed".
    though there have been great criticisms to this pile of hoo hah, it's a symbolic part of the fixed gear times. dissecting the bike, they could have gone so many different ways, but they went this way. the riser bars and straight for suggest that fixed freestyle may be bigger than most of us initially had thought. the thing is, so many companies have their versions of the fixed gear that it's beginning to seem predictable
    handmade bikes companies, bmx companies, like volume,subrosa,eastern, and SE. even other bike companies that normally make mountain and road machines have their own variations: charge, even giant.
    i can go on and on and on about every single bike that shares this silhouette, but i shouldn't. because this post would become ridiculous. so enough about fixed freestyle.
    unfortunately due to all this madness over fixed freestyle, the interest in legitimate track cycling has slightly waned. but hey:

state of the track (or fixed freestyle, or urban track) bike address 2010 by jmik SaveTheTrackBikeBG
    can't say we're not trying.

as for urban track bike riding, it disappeared almost as fast as it arrived. bombing hills is a thing of the past. hell, the name of my blog became puffery. and you know why? no one is riding anymore. small ratios have killed off the once eminent huge ratio, risers have replaced bullhorns and drops- i'm not criticizing here and i shouldn't. i, too have fallen into this whole mess as well. there once was a time where there was no difference between a trick specific bike and an urban track machine.
    we've been so accustomed to this trick bike movement that the mashsf movie looks boring to many of these new riders who find that fixed freestyle is the thing to do. this is where i begin to become afraid that ignorance will settle in and the urban track bike will disappear into the dust by being overshadowed by the fixed freestyle movement. it's quite scary actually.

i hate to end this post on that note, but this is where we are. i dont want to make it seem like there is an ongoing war between purist track cycling, urban track cycling and fixed freestyle, but it is what it is. this interest in fixed freestyle is being projected through what's on the market. time's are changing, and we'll see more change to come.

jmik

Data/hora atual: Sex Abr 26, 2024 4:07 am